When it comes to laundry, as clothing care experts, we’ve really seen it all. Wine spills on dresses, food stains on white linen, smudged ink on dress shirts, and grass stains on summer shorts. If you’ve worn it, loved it, and stained it, we’ve cleaned it. Through the years, we’ve come to learn a thing or two about taking care of clothes.
As Nigeria’s fast-growing dry cleaning and laundromat business, it’s not an exaggeration to state that we truly are clothing care experts, but we don’t hoard our knowledge!
Not every garment is a delicate wedding gown, not every shirt is a luxurious silk blouse, not every jacket is made of wool. That means that there is a whole lot of clothing care that we know our customers do themselves.
A great place to get started is with the clothing care tags in each garment. They hold information about the materials used in the item of clothing, but more importantly, they hold the secret key to recommended clothing care. Most people know the wash, dry, iron symbols, but anything beyond really can feel like a mysterious code you need to crack.
Here are Quick laundry tips you should know
- Prepare before you wash by sorting items by color, fabric, and amount of soil, then checking pockets and pre-treating stains.
- Choose your temperature and cycle wisely. (Care labels are your friends here!)
- Carefully measure out your detergent and fabric softener to avoid surprises.
- Overloading the machine does not get things clean. (Rhyme entirely intended — memorize it!)
- We beg you, please don’t let your wet clothes hang out in the machine for too long after the cycle is done.